God’s Call Includes Great Promises for Those Who Obey
In Genesis 12 verses 2-3 (yes, that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far. I told you this would take us probably two weeks to get through), God says to Abram, “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
In addition, God’s call comes with many great promises. When God calls us or moves in our lives, many times he doesn’t give us reasons or calm the waves of our curiosity. He may not answer questions like, “Why?” or “What for?” Sometimes he doesn’t even tell us “Where?” or “How?” but he always gives us promises.
What promises did God give Abraham?
1. God promised to give Abraham a land.
2. God promised to make Abraham a great nation.
3. God promised to bless him.
4. God promised to make his name great.
5. God promised to make him a blessing.
6. God promises to bless those who bless Abraham and curse those who curse him.
7. God promised that all the people of the earth would be blessed through him.